The Covid19 Coronavirus isn’t the only germ you need worry about
There are many airborne contaminants in our homes that can make us sick! VENT Heating and Cooling LLC has proven solutions that can help your family stay healthier and more comfortable.
The Covid19 Coronavirus is now a global pandemic causing chaos for millions of people — from school and university closures, major sporting events and entire seasons cancelled, entertainment venues shuttered, businesses laying off workers or asking employees to work-from-home, and government-imposed restrictions on travel.
The nation is “hunkering down” to try to slow the spread of this new disease to the U.S. healthcare system doesn’t get overwhelmed. The U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued helpful guidelines to help all of us stay healthy, such as frequent hand washing, exercising proper sneeze and cough etiquette and observing thoughtful “social distancing” (hence all the closures). But we need to be thinking about how to keep the air we breathe in our homes as healthy and safe as possible if we’re to be cooped up indoors. As a result, Indoor Air Quality is now “front and center” as the top concern raised by homeowners and business owners when discussing their HVAC needs. VENT Heating and Cooling LLC recommends a few simple steps to improve Indoor Air Quality.
1. Change the air filter in your heating and cooling system. Depending on the number of people and pets in your home, this should be done at least every 90 days and in some cases every month. This is the number one most-overlooked maintenance task that homeowners neglect to perform. Not only does this lead to more airborne dust particles in the home, but it also leads to poor equipment performance and premature equipment failure. Extend the life of your equipment and breathe easier by changing the filter often.
2. Install a whole house humidifier in your HVAC system for improved comfort in the dry winter months. Dry air leads to dry sinuses and dry skin, which may in turn lead to sinus and/or skin infections because of the irritation these conditions cause. Also, adding humidity to the indoor air environment means you’ll feel more comfortable at a lower thermostat setting – and see a nice savings on your energy consumption.
3. Consider having a whole house duct cleaning performed. This is especially important if you live in an older home where the ducts may have never been cleaned. Impurities can build up over time inside the ducts, restricting air flow and leading to air contaminants. The built-up dirt and debris pulled out of the ducts often resembles the contents of a dirty vacuum cleaner (yuck!)
4. We highly recommend installing an air purification system to significantly reduce harmful contaminants from the air and keep your home smelling fresh. The Air Scrubber™ by Aerus is the most amazing product we’ve seen for this purpose. Check out this video: https://www.venthvac.com/air-purification/
Check out the results of scientific studies at the website for Air Scrubber™ 1 https://www.airscrubberbyaerus.com/#ourtechnology
(1) The Air Scrubber has been scientifically proven to clean and purify indoor air by reducing airborne contaminants while also reducing surface contaminants including mold spores, S. Aureus (Staph), MRSA, Streptococcus, Influenza H5N8 (Bird Flu), Influenza H1N1 (Swine Flu), Norovirus and others. No testing has yet to be performed on the latest Covid19 Coronavirus and no representation is intended here that the Air Scrubber is effective against this newly emergent global threat.
Contact the HVAC experts at VENT Heating and Cooling today to discuss installing an Indoor Air Quality solution to protect you and your family! We have a large supply of Air Scrubbers in stock and ready for immediate installation on your existing HVAC system. Call today for a free quote!